Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Fanny Pack = Ultimate {city girl's} Accessory


Who said a fanny pack isn't cool! I say: they are the ultimate city girl accessory!

Me and my fanny!
Top 10 reasons all city girls need a fanny:
  1. You never have to worry about a fanny pack constantly falling off your shoulder while you're trying to balance grocery bags for the long walk home -- a city girl's upper arm work out.
  2. Without a fanny pack, your arms would not be free to carry said bags...
  3. A fanny pack allows you to stand tall and sexy -- yes, I said sexy -- without the unattractive slump to whichever side is holding up your enormous, heavy bag. 
  4. We all know, if you have a big bag, you will just find junk to make it look full... walking everywhere is so much easier without that weight on your shoulder.
  5. A fanny pack never has to be placed on the back of a chair in a restaurant... or on the floor of a bathroom (yuck!).
  6. A fanny pack allows you easy access to your metro card, credit card, and iPhone.
  7. While standing on a crowded train, you don't have to worry about your fanny pack smacking the person behind you. And you certainly don't have to worry about moving your fanny pack out of the way to allow people to walk past you.
  8. If you wear a fanny pack to go out dancing, you don't have to worry about where to stash it when you get up and dance!
  9. If you wear a fanny pack to go out at night, you don't have to worry about your boyfriend losing all the necessities that you stuffed in his pockets.
  10. Wearing a fanny is much more {chic} than stuffing your phone, keys and credit card in your pants. Plus, how many {chic} pants have pockets, much less pockets big enough to stuff all these things!
There you have it, my top ten reasons for city girls to wear a fanny pack.

Note: the fanny
Now, for the new {city} moms out there...
  1. It's heavy enough wearing your baby out on walks or around the city... wouldn't a fanny pack be so much better than adding another 5-10 pounds on your shoulder! If it's a quick outing, you really don't need more than 1 emergency diaper and some wipes.

4 comments:

Sid Kamprath said...

I love your Haute Fannies crusade Kristin - I think every city girl should have at least 10!

DC Chic said...

Thank you! I agree!

Mrs. Dubs said...

I am sold!

I purchased an "athletic" fanny pack about 2 years ago when I started running in DC, but didn't have pockets for my keys. Although my husband makes fun of me in my fanny pack, guess who ends up holding the keys, ID's and credit cards when we go on walks and feel like stopping by the local bar for a glass of wine - yep, me and my fanny! I've also used it for several moves, yes, there have been 4 in 2 years, and I can't tell you how much that comes in handy as I lug boxes all over the place.

So, I've experienced the benefits, but I would love a fanny pack that I don't have to so desperately hide! I love your mission, can't wait to see what Chic Fannies you uncover!

Women leather bags said...

You looks pretty good but why did you bring a so ugly bags with you, if i were you, i will choose the Leather shoulder bags at http://www.cwmalls.com with myself, because it looks pretty charming!